The Brookland Neighborhood Civic Association is here for you. We serve the Brookland community of Northeast DC. We also have fun!
Our meetings happen on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7PM, except in August and December. We meet at Brooks Mansion at 901 Newton St. NE, unless otherwise announced.
Join us for the Greater Brookland Yard Sale in May and Neighborhood Clean-ups in Fall and Spring. Check out the kiosk at 12th & Newton Streets NE for announcements, as well as our Calendar.
Become a member online. It’s easy, and just $10/year! This sets up automatic renewal (though you can cancel at any time). You can also sign-up in person at one of our meetings, or fill out this form and mail with a check for $10 to BNCA, P.O. Box 4457, Washington DC 20017.
- By becoming a member of BNCA, you’ll receive important notices about things happening in Brookland once or twice a month.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Subscribe to neighborhood Listservs:
Activities in Brookland
- Dance Place: 3225 8th St. NE, 202 269-1600
- Greater Brookland Garden Club:
- Meets usually the 3rd Sunday of each month, rotating among members’ homes
- Hosts House & Garden Tour, usually 1st or 2nd Sunday of June
- Ward 5 Community Happy Hours
- Catholic University of America:
- Concerts & Musical Performances, 202-319-5414
- The Stuart Center: Conference Center/Community Meeting Space, 821 Varnum St. NE, 202-635-7987
- Turkey Thicket: 202-576-9236; 1100 Michigan Ave. NE (between 10th & Michigan; Perry & Quincy)
Crime and Safety
- DC Metropolitan Police Fifth District (PSA for Brookland)
1805 Bladensburg Rd. NE, 202-698-0150 or 311
- Police Community Resource Guide
- DC’s Private Security Camera System Incentive Program
- Ward 5 councilmember: Kenyon McDuffie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-724-8028
- At-large Councilmembers:
Advisory Neighborhood Commission
ANC5A (North of Michigan Ave) meets meets at 6:45 pm on the 4th Wednesday of each month (except August and December) at UDC-CC Backus Campus.
ANC5B meets at 6:30 pm on the 4th Wednesday of each month (except July, August, and December).
- DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (permits, licensing, etc):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Thursday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
1100 4th St. SW, DC 20024; (202) 442-4400; email@example.com
- DC Department of Motor Vehicles: 202-737-4404, DMV@dc.gov
- DC Public Schools
- DC Mayor Muriel Bowser: 202-727-2643; 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, DC 20004
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton: 202-225-8050; 2136 Rayburn House Office Bldg., DC 20515
- 3401 12th St. NE, 202-523-2137
Nearest Hospitals & Pharmacies
- Providence Hospital: 1150 Varnum St NE, 202-854-7000
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center: 110 Irving St. NW, 202-877-7000
- CVS Pharmacy: 3601 12th St. NE (12th & Newton), 202-529-8559
- Rite Aid: 1401 Rhode Island Ave. NE, 202-636-3648
- Annie’s Ace Hardware: 3405 8th St. NE, 202-529-2658